Job Title: Associate Producer
Station: WTKR TV3 Norfolk, VA
Reports To: News Director, Executive Producer
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the Associate Producer is to assist in the production, writing and gathering of information and graphics for clients and/or newscasts under the direction of producer, executive producer, assistant new director or news director.
Core Job Functions:
- Enterprise and research stories on a daily basis
- Assist newscast producers with choosing newscast content, writing stories and selecting appropriate graphics
- Build upon skill level to learn branding and showcasing techniques; fill in, as needed, as newscast producer
- Coordinate content of assigned cut-ins, serving as main writer
- Produce special reports and sweeps stories as assigned
- Rip newscast scripts and roll teleprompter
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of what constitutes broadcast news, as well as understanding of a daily news operation.
- Ability to type, use editing equipment, knowledge of internet, use computers
- Must have extensive knowledge of the English language and be able to write clear, accurate news reports.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A degree is preferred and/or two years WORK experience.
Dexterity to operate computer and other such equipment. Communications skills used in office setting.
WTKR WGNT TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer