Job Title: Associate Producer
Station: WTKR TV3 Norfolk, VA
Reports To: News Director, Executive Producer
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the Associate Producer is to assist in the production, writing and gathering of information and graphics for clients and/or newscasts under the direction of producer, executive producer, assistant new director or news director.
Core Job Functions:
- Enterprise and research stories on a daily basis
- Assist newscast producers with choosing newscast content, writing stories and selecting appropriate graphics
- Build upon skill level to learn branding and showcasing techniques; fill in, as needed, as newscast producer
- Coordinate content of assigned cut-ins, serving as main writer
- Produce special reports and sweeps stories as assigned
- Rip newscast scripts and roll teleprompter
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of what constitutes broadcast news, as well as understanding of a daily news operation.
- Ability to type, use editing equipment, knowledge of internet, use computers
- Must have extensive knowledge of the English language and be able to write clear, accurate news reports.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A degree is preferred and/or two years WORK experience.
Dexterity to operate computer and other such equipment. Communications skills used in office setting.
INTERNAL CONTACTS: EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
All Departments General Public
General Manager, Department Heads
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Tina Luque-Blacklocke, News Director, WTKR-TV, 720 Boush St., Norfolk, VA 23510, email Tina.Luque-Blacklocke@wtkr.com.
WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head