Norfolk police investigate multiple reports of gunshots throughout the city
Norfolk, Va. – Police are now investigating after they received multiple reports of gunshots fired early Thursday morning.
The first call was received at 3:03 a.m. Thursday, December 6, 2012. Witnesses reported that gunshots were fired in the 6600 block of Chesapeake Boulevard, into an apartment building. Officers arrived and found that the building had been shot, but no injuries were reported.
Police also tell NewsChannel 3 that officers received another call at 3:22 a.m. reporting that shots had been fired in the 1400 block of East Ocean View Avenue. No injuries were reported in that incident.
At 3:23 a.m. another call was received by police, reporting that shots had been fired in the 9600 block of Rallston Street. The forensics team was called, and responded to the scene. However, police have not yet confirmed that bullets struck the dwelling. No one was hurt. Suspects in this incident are described as two black males in their early to mid-20s, wearing dark clothing and black hoodies. They were believed to have fled the scene in a small, dark colored vehicle in an unknown direction.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam