Tougher penalties for distracted driving?
The Virginia State Crime Commission is endorsing tougher penalties for texting while driving, according to a report from WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond, Virginia.
The endorsement comes on the heels of proposed legislation by two Virginia lawmakers to make texting while driving a primary offense and as punishable as reckless driving.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million