Tougher penalties for distracted driving?
The Virginia State Crime Commission is endorsing tougher penalties for texting while driving, according to a report from WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond, Virginia.
The endorsement comes on the heels of proposed legislation by two Virginia lawmakers to make texting while driving a primary offense and as punishable as reckless driving.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'