Tougher penalties for distracted driving?
The Virginia State Crime Commission is endorsing tougher penalties for texting while driving, according to a report from WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond, Virginia.
The endorsement comes on the heels of proposed legislation by two Virginia lawmakers to make texting while driving a primary offense and as punishable as reckless driving.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury