Report: Teen with Tourette Syndrome banned from soccer for swearing
A teenager in the UK was booted from his soccer team because he cursed at the referee. That’s according to The Huffington Post.
He has Tourette Syndrome.
While playing goalkeeper last month and objecting to a call, he told the official to “blank off”.
His mom says she showed her son’s medical card – proving he has the condition that causes tics and involuntary swearing. But it didn’t matter.
League officials say the boy showed a complete lack of respect to the referee and it had nothing to do with his condition.
He was fined and suspended for one game. Do you think it’s fair to kick this teen off the team?
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom