Man hospitalized in Chesapeake head-on collision
Chesapeake, Va. – According to Kelly O’Sullivan with the City of Chesapeake, a man was hospitalized Thursday morning after a head-on collision.
The call came in at 8 a.m. Police responded to the 1700 block of Head of River Road.
Officers say the crash involved a 22-year-old man, driving a Ford Escort; and a 65-year-old driving a Ford F-450 truck.
Officials say the 22-year-old driver of the Ford Escort was transported by Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with serious injuries. He was conscious and breathing at the scene, they say.
The driver of the Ford F-450 was not injured. The crash is currently under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time