Update: Norfolk house fire on Dare Circle ruled accidental
Norfolk, Va. – A two alarm fire in Norfolk began in the garage of a home, Norfolk fire officials tell NewsChannel 3.
The call was received at 5:20 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to Captain Hicks of Norfolk Fire and Rescue. Crews responded to the 3800 block of Dare Circle. One block near the home was closed, as crews battled the fire.
The fire did not spread into the home, officials say. The fire was contained to the home, which suffered smoke damage. No injuries have been reported.
Officials have now determined that the fire was accidental due to an electrical malfunction in the garage. The garage has now been demolished due to it being structurally unsound.Submit Your Photo
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested