Coast Guard Cutter Bear returns home after 2-month patrol
The crew of the Portsmouth-based Coast Guard cutter Bear returned home Wednesday following a two-month counterdrug patrol in the Caribbean Sea.
The Coast Guard’s counterdrug patrols supported Operation Martillo.
Crews traveled to South America in support of three separate interagency, international operations focused on stemming the flow of illegal drugs into the United States.
They also provided support to the HNLMS Van Amstel, a Royal Netherlands Naval vessel, which seized more than 1,800 pounds of cocaine and transferred the detainees and drugs to the crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Bear.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales