Coast Guard Cutter Bear returns home after 2-month patrol
The crew of the Portsmouth-based Coast Guard cutter Bear returned home Wednesday following a two-month counterdrug patrol in the Caribbean Sea.
The Coast Guard’s counterdrug patrols supported Operation Martillo.
Crews traveled to South America in support of three separate interagency, international operations focused on stemming the flow of illegal drugs into the United States.
They also provided support to the HNLMS Van Amstel, a Royal Netherlands Naval vessel, which seized more than 1,800 pounds of cocaine and transferred the detainees and drugs to the crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Bear.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found