Coast Guard Cutter Bear returns home after 2-month patrol
The crew of the Portsmouth-based Coast Guard cutter Bear returned home Wednesday following a two-month counterdrug patrol in the Caribbean Sea.
The Coast Guard’s counterdrug patrols supported Operation Martillo.
Crews traveled to South America in support of three separate interagency, international operations focused on stemming the flow of illegal drugs into the United States.
They also provided support to the HNLMS Van Amstel, a Royal Netherlands Naval vessel, which seized more than 1,800 pounds of cocaine and transferred the detainees and drugs to the crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Bear.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected