Two shot during Virginia Beach pizza shop robbery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are now searching for a suspect after two pizza shop employees were shot during a robbery early Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012, shortly after 2 a.m., Virginia Beach police responded to the Chanello’s Pizza in the 1000 block of Aragona Boulevard for a report of two employees who had been shot during a robbery.
Investigators say the suspect entered the store and was told the business was closing. They say the suspect went around the counter and shot the employee. He then charged the second employee, shooting him as he was demanding money. The employee complied and the suspect raw away from the business.
Both victims were transported to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening gunshot wounds, police say.
The suspect is described as a white male, 40 to 45 years of age, thin build, and 140 to 160 pounds. He was wearing a gray, orange, and blue polyester jacket, khaki pants, a gray winter trapper hat, and plastic framed sunglasses.
Investigators are asking that anyone with any information about this crime call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text VBTIP with your information to CRIMES (274637). Callers and texters remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
This case remains under investigation.Submit Your Photo
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach