Strict off-base alcohol ban in effect for U.S. Troops in Okinawa
Just when you thought the rules couldn’t get any tighter, they did.
Now a strict off-base alcohol ban is in effect for all U.S. Troops on the Japanese island Okinawa.
Servicemen and women can’t buy booze on base from 10 pm to 8 am daily, and they are prohibited from buying or even drinking alcohol anywhere off-base except inside their homes.
For the past few weeks, there have been reports of a half-dozen alleged crimes by drunken service members.
The allegations are serious as rape and as a foolish as urinating in a cafe.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students