Strict off-base alcohol ban in effect for U.S. Troops in Okinawa
Just when you thought the rules couldn’t get any tighter, they did.
Now a strict off-base alcohol ban is in effect for all U.S. Troops on the Japanese island Okinawa.
Servicemen and women can’t buy booze on base from 10 pm to 8 am daily, and they are prohibited from buying or even drinking alcohol anywhere off-base except inside their homes.
For the past few weeks, there have been reports of a half-dozen alleged crimes by drunken service members.
The allegations are serious as rape and as a foolish as urinating in a cafe.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship