Suffolk Man arrested for allegedly stabbing, pouring gasoline on family member
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk police tell NewsChannel 3 a man poured gasoline on a family member, and then stabbed him late Monday night.
Officials say a man was allegedly attacked by 51-year-old Walter Leigh Smith, Jr. in the 100 block of Greenfield Crescent around 11:30 p.m.
The victim told police that Smith poured gasoline on him, then stabbed him during a fight while threatening to set him on fire.
Smith was arrested and charged with malicious wounding by a caustic substance, malicious wounding, and shoot/stab/cut.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery