Look What’s Cookin’ – Pecan Pie
Whiskey Walnut Pie
Pie Serving: 12
2 Cups light karo syrup
½ pound brown sugars
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups pecan pieces and walnut pieces mixed
4 ounces melted butter
2 ounces bourbon*
In a mixer combine and mix, the eggs, brown sugar, karo syrup, vanilla extract, and salt until fully incorporated.
While mixing is running drizzle in melted butter.
Pour the custard into 9”X 3” pie pan with removable bottom lined with your favorite pie dough.
Bake at 300 degrees for 70” minutes or until set.
Cool at room temp then refrigerate
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods