Look What’s Cookin’ – Pecan Pie
Whiskey Walnut Pie
Pie Serving: 12
2 Cups light karo syrup
½ pound brown sugars
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups pecan pieces and walnut pieces mixed
4 ounces melted butter
2 ounces bourbon*
In a mixer combine and mix, the eggs, brown sugar, karo syrup, vanilla extract, and salt until fully incorporated.
While mixing is running drizzle in melted butter.
Pour the custard into 9”X 3” pie pan with removable bottom lined with your favorite pie dough.
Bake at 300 degrees for 70” minutes or until set.
Cool at room temp then refrigerate
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’