Family remembers CNU student killed in crash a year ago
It’s been one year since a suspected drunk driver killed two teenagers in a head-on crash in Hampton.
Family and friends of Sierra Smith came together at the site where the 19-year-old Christopher Newport student was killed.
Sierra and her friends were headed west on Interstate 64 when a driver, going the wrong way hit them.
The group came to the site in hopes of getting a bit of closure.
The family says the pain is still as sharp as it was a year ago, and they’re pleading for people to be careful driving this holiday so no family has to experience what they are going through.
Jesse Evans has been charged in the DUI.
Police say he blew a point two-one the morning after the crash.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge