Beach school board approves new high school schedule
On Tuesday, the Virginia Beach School Board approved a proposal to redesign their high school master schedule starting with the 2013-2014 school year.
This new schedule adds 15 minutes to high school students’ day and will adjust all elementary and middle school start and release times.
In the new schedule, high school students will take six to eight classes on an A/B schedule and have a 30 minute daily lunch block.
The schedule also will include the addition of a limited number of core courses offered on a 4×4 (semester-long) schedule for credit recovery. No time will be added to the elementary and middle schools, however, start and dismissal times will be adjusted by 10 minutes to accommodate a new transportation schedule for high schools.
Start and dismissal times for the 2013-2014 school year will be as follows:
- High schools 7:20 a.m. to 2:10 p.m.
- Middle schools 9:20 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- “A” elementary schools 8:10 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
- “B” elementary schools 8:40 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?