Will extra school days help students’ academic performance?
Several states are hoping more time in the classroom will help students better compete on an international level. Click here for the full story from Boston.com.
Today, they announced a plan to add 300 hours of learning time for next school year. That includes longer school days or extra days on the calendar.
This is all part of a pilot program in Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Tennessee.
The Virginia Beach School Board is also talking about extending the school day by 15 minutes.
Tonight, the board will vote on the extra time.
But we want your vote – do you think extra days will help?
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested