USS Carr’s final homecoming
Norfolk, Va. – The crew of the USS Carr is home from a 6-month deployment.
While away, the crew partnered with European crews to monitor more than 40 million square miles of drug smuggling routes.
Seven times, the crew busted drug smugglers.
More than 4,000 pounds of cocaine and close to 5,000 pounds of pot were seized – all worth about $20 million on the street.
This homecoming will be the last for the USS Carr. It is set to be decommissioned in March of 2013.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students