USS Carr’s final homecoming
Norfolk, Va. – The crew of the USS Carr is home from a 6-month deployment.
While away, the crew partnered with European crews to monitor more than 40 million square miles of drug smuggling routes.
Seven times, the crew busted drug smugglers.
More than 4,000 pounds of cocaine and close to 5,000 pounds of pot were seized – all worth about $20 million on the street.
This homecoming will be the last for the USS Carr. It is set to be decommissioned in March of 2013.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship