Coast Guard petty officer killed over the weekend
A Coast Guard petty officer was killed when drug smugglers rammed into his chase boat off the coast of southern California over the weekend.
Thirty-four-year-old Terrell Horne and a second Coast Guard member were thrown from their boat when the drug smugglers crashed into them.
Horne died and the other man was hurt, but should be okay.
Another Coast Guard vessel stopped the drug smugglers and arrested them.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods