Beach city council to hear proposal to raise hotel tax to pay for new arena
Virginia Beach’s top economic development and finance chiefs will be in front of city council tomorrow to propose raising the hotel tax in order to pay for a new arena.
The proposal was developed by the city along with management from Comcast Spectator, which will build and run the Oceanfront arena if it is approved.
They say raising the hotel tax is just one way to help generate the millions needed for the arena project.
This is just a proposal and council will not be voting on this.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?