Beach city council to hear proposal to raise hotel tax to pay for new arena
Virginia Beach’s top economic development and finance chiefs will be in front of city council tomorrow to propose raising the hotel tax in order to pay for a new arena.
The proposal was developed by the city along with management from Comcast Spectator, which will build and run the Oceanfront arena if it is approved.
They say raising the hotel tax is just one way to help generate the millions needed for the arena project.
This is just a proposal and council will not be voting on this.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car