Beach city council to hear proposal to raise hotel tax to pay for new arena
Virginia Beach’s top economic development and finance chiefs will be in front of city council tomorrow to propose raising the hotel tax in order to pay for a new arena.
The proposal was developed by the city along with management from Comcast Spectator, which will build and run the Oceanfront arena if it is approved.
They say raising the hotel tax is just one way to help generate the millions needed for the arena project.
This is just a proposal and council will not be voting on this.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel