24 arsons reported on the Eastern Shore
Eastern Shore, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 an arsonist set three additional fires over the weekend in Accomack County.
That brings the total number of fires to 24.
State police believe the same suspect is responsible for this string of arsons.
The latest one happened on Boston Road, just before 2 a.m. Sunday morning. There’s been 24 fires in the last three weeks, all in Accomack County.
Most of the fires have been abandoned structures. No one has been hurt.
All of the fires have been set in the overnight hours and have happened all over the county.
This is making it difficult for investigators to make an arrest, but they are following some leads.
State police are asking everyone on the Eastern Shore to keep an eye out for unusual activity, especially around abandoned structures.
If you’ve seen anything suspicious – call State police at 1-800-582-8350.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’