24 arsons reported on the Eastern Shore
Eastern Shore, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 an arsonist set three additional fires over the weekend in Accomack County.
That brings the total number of fires to 24.
State police believe the same suspect is responsible for this string of arsons.
The latest one happened on Boston Road, just before 2 a.m. Sunday morning. There’s been 24 fires in the last three weeks, all in Accomack County.
Most of the fires have been abandoned structures. No one has been hurt.
All of the fires have been set in the overnight hours and have happened all over the county.
This is making it difficult for investigators to make an arrest, but they are following some leads.
State police are asking everyone on the Eastern Shore to keep an eye out for unusual activity, especially around abandoned structures.
If you’ve seen anything suspicious – call State police at 1-800-582-8350.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom