Approximately 22 firefighters battled a gas leak on W. 21st Street in front of Gayle’s Wigs and Things around 3pm Saturday.
A contractor working at Gayle’s Wigs and Things found the gas leak.
The gas leak came from an estimated 100-200 gallon propane tank with cracks.
Businesses along 21st Street were evacuated and 21st Street was blocked off from Granby St to Omohundro Ave for about an hour.
The gas leak was secured shortly after 4pm, 21st Street was reopened and occupants of nearby businesses were allowed back in.