Report: Role reversal in kids’ toy store ad stirs controversy
A toy store in Sweden has people talking.
This holiday season, children’s roles are reversed. Boys are shown playing with dolls and girls playing with toy guns.
The company says, it’s trying to be gender neutral. The sales director says they were actually criticized for having an ad where costumes followed traditional roles.
So, he switched some things up.
He says there is nothing that’s right or wrong. “It’s not a boy or girl thing, it’s just a toy for children.”
Do you think this is a good way too promote gender equality?
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton