Maury/Granby basketball games postponed due to information about possible fight
Officials with Norfolk Public Schools have postponed basketball games between Maury and Granby High Schools tonight because they say administrators received information that a neighborhood conflict may flare up after the game. The game was supposed to be played at Maury High School.
To ensure the safety of the students and spectators, the games’ date and times have now changed to Tuesday, December 4 at Maury at 5 p.m. for girls and 6:30 p.m. for boys. Ticket prices are still the same.
Officials have not made any other changes to athletic events at this time.
NewsChannel 3 is working to gather more information about this latest development.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery