Heartwarming photo of officer buying homeless man shoes goes viral
A photo is going viral all because of the generosity of the New York City police officer in it.
A tourist snapped the photo after noticing a man without shoes asking for change.
The officer noticed it, too.
But officer Lawrence DePrimo didn’t just leave it there; he found out the man’s shoe size and bought him a pair of boots.
NewsChannel 3 has a special “People Taking Action” award for the officer. We’re hoping he has the chance to visit one day!
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found