California caregiver accused of serving deadly batch of poisonous mushrooms to elderly
A caregiver who is accused of serving up a deadly batch of poisonous mushrooms to residents at a senior care facility in California will not face criminal charges, but she now has to find a new line of work.
Lilia Tirdea got the wild mushrooms from the backyard of the Golden Age Villa Elder Care Facility in Loomis then cooked and served them to herself and five residents.
Four residents have now died from the poisonous mushrooms, most recently 92-year-old Dorothy Hart
The state social services complaint investigation determined the poisoning was accidental, but that Tirdia had been trained to only serve food purchased from a store to residents.
The agency is banning her from working at any California licensed care facility again.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations