Bicyclist hit by truck in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – A bicyclist was hospitalized after being hit by a car in Hampton early Friday morning.
Police tell NewsChannel 3 it happened at 6:30 a.m. A bicyclist was riding southbound on North King Street and ran through a red light. A blue pick-up truck was turning on a green light from Rip Rap Road onto North King Street and struck the bicyclist.
The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No one has been charged – the case is still under investigation.
The scene has been cleared.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for updates on this story.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales