Bicyclist hit by truck in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – A bicyclist was hospitalized after being hit by a car in Hampton early Friday morning.
Police tell NewsChannel 3 it happened at 6:30 a.m. A bicyclist was riding southbound on North King Street and ran through a red light. A blue pick-up truck was turning on a green light from Rip Rap Road onto North King Street and struck the bicyclist.
The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No one has been charged – the case is still under investigation.
The scene has been cleared.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for updates on this story.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call