Teen charged in shooting death of 13-year-old Newport News boy
Newport News, Va. – Police say they have now arrested a 15-year-old in connection to the shooting death of a 13-year-old Newport News boy, Lamonee Johnson-Chisholm.
The Norfolk teen was arrested on Wednesday morning on charges murder and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
He is now being held in juvenile detention.
Today, the victim’s mother learned about the arrest as family and friends were saying goodbye to the 13-year-old.
“As we were leaving his funeral to come back home, the detective told me, so I turned around and went back to the funeral and told everybody else that was there,” says Quintonia Chisholm.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket