Fire officials identify woman killed in Western Branch house fire
Chesapeake, Va. – Officials tell NewsChannel 3 one person died in a house fire located in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake on Thursday.
The victim has been identified as 37-year-old Lisa R. Dial of Chesapeake, Virginia. Dial was found deceased in a first-floor bedroom of her home, located in the 1800 Block of Crossbow Court.
Chesapeake firefighters were dispatched to the fire shortly before 4:30 a.m., Thursday, November 29, 2012. They arrived approximately nine minutes later to find light smoke showing from the rear of the two-story home. Dial was found inside the home as firefighters conducted an interior search.
Officials say the home sustained fire damage to one first-floor bedroom and smoke damage throughout.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental, possibly related to combustibles being too close to a heat source.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship