Fire officials identify woman killed in Western Branch house fire
Chesapeake, Va. – Officials tell NewsChannel 3 one person died in a house fire located in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake on Thursday.
The victim has been identified as 37-year-old Lisa R. Dial of Chesapeake, Virginia. Dial was found deceased in a first-floor bedroom of her home, located in the 1800 Block of Crossbow Court.
Chesapeake firefighters were dispatched to the fire shortly before 4:30 a.m., Thursday, November 29, 2012. They arrived approximately nine minutes later to find light smoke showing from the rear of the two-story home. Dial was found inside the home as firefighters conducted an interior search.
Officials say the home sustained fire damage to one first-floor bedroom and smoke damage throughout.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental, possibly related to combustibles being too close to a heat source.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says