“D.C.” the sea turtle recovering after being found in Onancock
Virginia Beach, Va. – “D.C.” the sea turtle is the Virginia Aquarium’s newest patient.
D.C., a five kilogram Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle, was admitted to the Virginia Aquarium Marine Animal Care Center on Sunday, November 25, 2012.
D.C. was admitted for cold stunning after being discovered at the Deep Creek boat ramp in Onancock on the Eastern Shore of Virginia late Sunday night. Virginia Aquarium officials say D.C. is in good physical condition, however, he does have some scrapes and bruises. He is expected to make a speedy recovery.
D.C. is now being cared for by the Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response Team.
Watch NewsChannel 3 starting First at Four for updates on this story.Submit Your Photo
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery