Arrest made in murder of 13-year-old Newport News boy
Newport News, Va. – Police say they have now arrested a 15-year-old in connection to the shooting death of a 13-year-old Newport News boy, Lamonee Johnson-Chisholm.
The Norfolk teen was arrested on Wednesday morning on charges murder and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
He is now being held in juvenile detention.
Today, the victim’s mother learned about the arrest as family and friends were saying goodbye to the 13-year-old.
“As we were leaving his funeral to come back home, the detective told me, so I turned around and went back to the funeral and told everybody else that was there,” says Quintonia Chisholm.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'