Report: Gun sales up, gun violence drops
(WTVR) – A review of statistics on gun sales and gun violence shows the one is falling while the other is soaring.
A Virginia Commonwealth University professor compared state crime data for 2006 through 2011 with gun-dealer sales estimates and found the number of crimes committed with a gun is down, while more people than ever are purchasing firearms.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found