Pipe bomb found in Chesapeake in Western Branch area
Chesapeake officials say a pipe bomb was found on November 25, 2012 in the 3400 block of St. Clair Drive.
They say it was located in a yard near the intersection of Dunedin Drive in the Western Branch area.
Officials say the pipe bomb was made from a steel pipe and could have potentially been harmful. They were able to render the pipe bomb safe shortly after their arrival.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Chesapeake Crime Line. You can call 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, submit a web tip to http://www.chesapeakecrimieline.org, or text CHESTIP with information to CRIMES (274637).
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales