Pipe bomb found in Chesapeake in Western Branch area
Chesapeake officials say a pipe bomb was found on November 25, 2012 in the 3400 block of St. Clair Drive.
They say it was located in a yard near the intersection of Dunedin Drive in the Western Branch area.
Officials say the pipe bomb was made from a steel pipe and could have potentially been harmful. They were able to render the pipe bomb safe shortly after their arrival.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Chesapeake Crime Line. You can call 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, submit a web tip to http://www.chesapeakecrimieline.org, or text CHESTIP with information to CRIMES (274637).
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder