Pipe bomb found in Chesapeake in Western Branch area
Chesapeake officials say a pipe bomb was found on November 25, 2012 in the 3400 block of St. Clair Drive.
They say it was located in a yard near the intersection of Dunedin Drive in the Western Branch area.
Officials say the pipe bomb was made from a steel pipe and could have potentially been harmful. They were able to render the pipe bomb safe shortly after their arrival.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Chesapeake Crime Line. You can call 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, submit a web tip to http://www.chesapeakecrimieline.org, or text CHESTIP with information to CRIMES (274637).
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!