Beach city council votes unanimously to continue studies into getting light rail
Virginia Beach, Va.– Update: The light rail ordinance was approved by city council in Virginia Beach on Tuesday night to continue studies into getting the Tide in the city. The vote was 10-0.
This ordinance will authorize the use of all reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide.
Virginia Beach city council is going to vote on whether to continue pursuing the light rail in the resort city tonight.
Under their agenda is an ordinance to authorize the use of reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide.
On Election Day, Virginia Beach voters overwhelmingly approved the referendum that supports studying the Tide.
It’s estimated the Tide will cost 800 million dollars.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time