Beach city council votes unanimously to continue studies into getting light rail
Virginia Beach, Va.– Update: The light rail ordinance was approved by city council in Virginia Beach on Tuesday night to continue studies into getting the Tide in the city. The vote was 10-0.
This ordinance will authorize the use of all reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide.
Virginia Beach city council is going to vote on whether to continue pursuing the light rail in the resort city tonight.
Under their agenda is an ordinance to authorize the use of reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide.
On Election Day, Virginia Beach voters overwhelmingly approved the referendum that supports studying the Tide.
It’s estimated the Tide will cost 800 million dollars.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head