Update: Man shot, killed in Norfolk on Harvard Street identified
According to police, a man was shot and killed on Monday night in Norfolk.
Police say calls came in a little after 11 p.m. about a shooting in the 400 block of Harvard Street in Norfolk.
When they arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim has now been identified as Lionel Vernon, 28, of the 400 block of Harvard St.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police say they already have a suspect in custody.
They say the shooting occurred after a verbal altercation between the two.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home