Update: Man shot, killed in Norfolk on Harvard Street identified
According to police, a man was shot and killed on Monday night in Norfolk.
Police say calls came in a little after 11 p.m. about a shooting in the 400 block of Harvard Street in Norfolk.
When they arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim has now been identified as Lionel Vernon, 28, of the 400 block of Harvard St.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police say they already have a suspect in custody.
They say the shooting occurred after a verbal altercation between the two.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket