Woman found drunk pushing stroller with 7-month-old inside
Isle of Wight County, Va. – Isle of Wight County sheriff’s deputies say they responded to reports of a woman who was allegedly walking in the roadway pushing a stroller causing a traffic hazard.
Deputies say they found 23-year-old Brooke Herrin unsteady on her feet pushing a stroller with a 7-month-old baby inside. They say she was walking in the travel lane near the intersection of Walters Hwy. (Rt. 258) and Joyners Bridge Road.
They say the baby was only wearing a sleeper and was cold and crying.
After an investigation, Herrin was arrested for being intoxicated in public and sheriffs say they also found suspected heroin in her possession.
Herrin was transported to Western Tidewater Regional Jail in Suffolk where she is being held with no bond.
The child has now been turned over to a relative.
Herrin is currently facing charges including intoxication in public, reckless disregard for child’s life and possession of schedule 1 narcotics.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage