Navy SEAL based in Va. Beach killed in Afghanistan
Virginia Beach, Va. – According to the Department of Defense, Petty Officer 1st Class Kevin R. Ebbert, 32, was killed Saturday in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan.
He died from a gunshot wound suffered while engaged in combat in southern Afghanistan.
Ebbert was a Navy SEAL assigned to a Naval Special Warfare unit at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek – Fort Story. He is from Arcata, Calif.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of our teammate who has made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Capt. Robert Smith, Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group TWO. “We have lost a courageous patriot who selflessly answered our nation’s call to defend freedom and protect us from terrorism.”
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?