Navy SEAL based in Va. Beach killed in Afghanistan
Virginia Beach, Va. – According to the Department of Defense, Petty Officer 1st Class Kevin R. Ebbert, 32, was killed Saturday in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan.
He died from a gunshot wound suffered while engaged in combat in southern Afghanistan.
Ebbert was a Navy SEAL assigned to a Naval Special Warfare unit at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek – Fort Story. He is from Arcata, Calif.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of our teammate who has made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Capt. Robert Smith, Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group TWO. “We have lost a courageous patriot who selflessly answered our nation’s call to defend freedom and protect us from terrorism.”
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million