Man shot in Chesapeake found dead in car in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Early Sunday morning Norfolk police found the body of a man in a car who had been shot in Chesapeake several hours earlier.
Chesapeake police say they responded to a call of shots fired in the 600 block of Woodlake Drive around 2am and found evidence of shots fired and damaged property, but no victim.
Area hospitals reported no one had been brought in with gunshot wounds.
Later that morning, Norfolk police found the body of 27-year-old Troy Sargeant in a red car parked in the 900 block of Trice Terrace.
An investigation revealed that Sargeant was involved in the shooting in Chesapeake.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call, text or submit an online tip to the Chesapeake Crime Line.
at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text “CHESTIP” to CRIMES (274637) or submit a web tip @ http://www.chesapeakecrimeline.org.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested