Homes evacuated after explosive device found in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – Approximately 10 homes in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake were evacuated Sunday morning when a suspicious device was found in the 3400 block of Saint Clair Drive.
At 10:19 am, fire crews dispatched found what appeared to be an explosive device.
The Virginia State Police Bomb Squad also responded and rendered the device safe at 12:38 pm.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the device was rendered safe.
Police say no one was injured in the incident.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize