Homes evacuated after explosive device found in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – Approximately 10 homes in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake were evacuated Sunday morning when a suspicious device was found in the 3400 block of Saint Clair Drive.
At 10:19 am, fire crews dispatched found what appeared to be an explosive device.
The Virginia State Police Bomb Squad also responded and rendered the device safe at 12:38 pm.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the device was rendered safe.
Police say no one was injured in the incident.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million