Homes evacuated after explosive device found in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – Approximately 10 homes in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake were evacuated Sunday morning when a suspicious device was found in the 3400 block of Saint Clair Drive.
At 10:19 am, fire crews dispatched found what appeared to be an explosive device.
The Virginia State Police Bomb Squad also responded and rendered the device safe at 12:38 pm.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the device was rendered safe.
Police say no one was injured in the incident.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home