Homes evacuated after explosive device found in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – Approximately 10 homes in the Western Branch section of Chesapeake were evacuated Sunday morning when a suspicious device was found in the 3400 block of Saint Clair Drive.
At 10:19 am, fire crews dispatched found what appeared to be an explosive device.
The Virginia State Police Bomb Squad also responded and rendered the device safe at 12:38 pm.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the device was rendered safe.
Police say no one was injured in the incident.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel