Man arrested after leading police on multi-city pursuit
According to Virginia Beach police, a suspect was taken into custody after leading police on a multi-city chase on Friday morning.
Beach police say dispatchers were contacted by Chesapeake police about a pursuit on I-264 E. They said the vehicle was going around 90 mph.
Chesapeake police say they tried to initiate a traffic stop in the area of Portsmouth Blvd. and Doc Landing and the vehicle left the area and headed towards Portsmouth disregarding the officer’s lights and sirens.
Chesapeake police chased the vehicle into Portsmouth onto the interstate and then into Virginia Beach.
Beach police say the vehicle was traveling down Diamond Springs and Northampton. It then came to a stop in the 5800 block of Bayside Road at a dead end.
Police say during the chase, the driver hit two vehicles and a police sergeant’s marked vehicle from Portsmouth.
Beach police say the pursuit started in Portsmouth.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified as Christopher Harrison. Chesapeake police say charges will be sought in multiple locations for reckless driving, hit and run, felony eluding and driving on a suspended license.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave