VCU student accused of setting fires in dorm
A VCU student has been charged with setting two fires in a campus dorm according to police.
22-year-old Javier Chavez is charged with burning an occupied dwelling.
Police say he intentionally set fire to bathroom trash cans in Rhoads Hall Saturday.
The fires caused $20,000 in damage and the dorm had to be evacuated.
Police say Chavez also faces disciplinary action by VCU.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified