VCU student accused of setting fires in dorm
A VCU student has been charged with setting two fires in a campus dorm according to police.
22-year-old Javier Chavez is charged with burning an occupied dwelling.
Police say he intentionally set fire to bathroom trash cans in Rhoads Hall Saturday.
The fires caused $20,000 in damage and the dorm had to be evacuated.
Police say Chavez also faces disciplinary action by VCU.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage