Plaxico Burress signs with the Steelers
Plaxico Burress is back in the NFL.
The Green Run graduate was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers after a brief workout early Tuesday according to ESPN.
Burress spent the first five years of his career in Pittsburgh before moving on to the New York Giants and running into legal trouble after accidentally shooting himself in the leg in a New York nightclub.
Burress spent last year with the New York Jets, who opted not to bring him back this season. He has been looking for a new team ever since.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam