Group takes action to help sea turtles during winter
The winter weather is stunning and stranding sea turtles.
But one group is taking action to make sure they get back on the right track.
NewsChannel 3′s Dominic Brown was at the Marine Animal Care Center in Virginia Beach where several cold-stunned or injured sea turtles go through rehab.
The stranding response team says it’s usually around this time of the year and through the winter that, when the water temperatures start dropping, that sea turtles become cold-stunned.
If you see one, they say give them a call.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean