Group takes action to help sea turtles during winter
The winter weather is stunning and stranding sea turtles.
But one group is taking action to make sure they get back on the right track.
NewsChannel 3′s Dominic Brown was at the Marine Animal Care Center in Virginia Beach where several cold-stunned or injured sea turtles go through rehab.
The stranding response team says it’s usually around this time of the year and through the winter that, when the water temperatures start dropping, that sea turtles become cold-stunned.
If you see one, they say give them a call.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified