Franklin man arrested for sex crimes against a child
Franklin, Va. – A Franklin man was arrested and charged on Tuesday for sex crimes against a child under the age of 13.
Police say at 7:43 a.m. on Tuesday, November 20, 2012, police responded to 504 Pretlow Street in Franklin regarding the molestation of a girl under the age of 13. Police say officials were notified after the girl’s mother noticed that her daughter was behaving differently.
Police say the mother of the child questioned her daughter about the incident, and the girl proceeded to explain to her what happened.
53-year-old David Laine Stith of 504 Pretlow Street was taken to the Franklin Police Department for questioning.
According to police, during the investigation, information was obtained that led to Stith being arrested and charged with several offenses against the child, that date back from September of 2012 to November of 2012.
Stith was transported to Western Tidewater Regional Jail, where he remains without bond.
Stith faces charges for rape of a child less than 13 years of age; abduction; sodomy of a child less than 13 years of age; taking indecent liberties with a child; and possession of cocaine.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for updates as they are released.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!