Former employee of dentist arrested on bad checks charges speaks out
Dentist Derrick Broadaway is facing four felony bad checks charges.
It is a direct result of Andrea Ross and another former employee taking action to press charges.
Ross came to NewsChannel 3 when thousands of dollars’ worth of paychecks from Broadaway’s dentistry kept bouncing after close to 17 years there.
The dentistry’s former business manager says she quit when Broadaway wouldn’t make good on the checks.
Friday, Broadaway turned himself in to Chesapeake police.
Authorities released him on bond.
NewsChannel 3 began investigating Broadaway for the bounced checks.
Our investigation into Broadaway’s bad checks led us to his checkered history with the Board of Dentistry.
This summer, the board suspended him for 60 days and fined him 20,000 dollars. The decision was made partially because of questionable root canal work done on Rosemary Rogers.
We have also learned that Broadaway is facing three medical malpractice lawsuits.
Former patients claimed he left them “disfigured” and “permanently injured.”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found