Beach teachers, administrators address schedule change proposal at school board meeting
Beach teachers and administrators sounded off Tuesday night at the school board meeting.
They walked up to the podium to address the board during the public comment section concerning the new proposed schedule that would keep high school students in school 15 minutes longer.
The new format didn’t have too many fans.
Officials say the proposal is on the table because it can help more high school students meet graduation requirements.
Elementary and middle schools would see a slight change to start times and dismissal times if it’s approved.
The change will be voted on next month.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel