Beach teachers, administrators address schedule change proposal at school board meeting
Beach teachers and administrators sounded off Tuesday night at the school board meeting.
They walked up to the podium to address the board during the public comment section concerning the new proposed schedule that would keep high school students in school 15 minutes longer.
The new format didn’t have too many fans.
Officials say the proposal is on the table because it can help more high school students meet graduation requirements.
Elementary and middle schools would see a slight change to start times and dismissal times if it’s approved.
The change will be voted on next month.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’