Proposal to extend school day in Virginia Beach
The Virginia Beach School Board will hold a public hearing about possibly extending the school day.
The proposal would extended the school day by fifteen minutes.
Officials say this is so high school students can meet graduation requirements.
Elementary and middle schools would see a slight change to start times and dismissal times.
The meeting is tonight at 6 p.m. at the school board administration building.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket