Proposal to extend school day in Virginia Beach
The Virginia Beach School Board will hold a public hearing about possibly extending the school day.
The proposal would extended the school day by fifteen minutes.
Officials say this is so high school students can meet graduation requirements.
Elementary and middle schools would see a slight change to start times and dismissal times.
The meeting is tonight at 6 p.m. at the school board administration building.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship