Proposal to extend school day in Virginia Beach
The Virginia Beach School Board will hold a public hearing about possibly extending the school day.
The proposal would extended the school day by fifteen minutes.
Officials say this is so high school students can meet graduation requirements.
Elementary and middle schools would see a slight change to start times and dismissal times.
The meeting is tonight at 6 p.m. at the school board administration building.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million