Proposal to extend school day in Virginia Beach
The Virginia Beach School Board will hold a public hearing about possibly extending the school day.
The proposal would extended the school day by fifteen minutes.
Officials say this is so high school students can meet graduation requirements.
Elementary and middle schools would see a slight change to start times and dismissal times.
The meeting is tonight at 6 p.m. at the school board administration building.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel