Update: Missing 11-year-old girl found safe in Newport News
Update: According to police, an 11-year-old girl who went missing has now been found safe at Walgreens on Denbigh and Warwick.
Newport News, Va. – Police are searching for a missing 11-year-old girl who may have run away from home in Newport News.
The adoptive parents of Destiny Dominique Wilkinson called police stating Destiny was missing from their home Tuesday morning.
Destiny was last seen at 10:00 P.M. Monday night when she went to bed.
This morning her bed was made up to appear she was sleeping. It is unknown when she left the home.
Destiny recently made contact with her biological family and may be trying to reach them in Albany New York. It is believed she has no means to make such a trip which places her in an endangered situation.
Destiny Dominique Wilkinson is a black female, 11 years old. She is 5 feet tall, 90 pounds and has very long brown hair which she may wear in a bun. She is missing from 172 Queensbury Ct. in Newport News.
Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Destiny Dominique Wilkinson is asked to call the Newport News Police Department Special Victim’s Unit at 757-928-4230.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'