Victims of fatal Fort Lee fire to be taken to Portsmouth
The bodies of two people killed in a deadly fire at Fort Lee will be brought to Portsmouth.
Their bodies will be examined at the Naval Hospital.
Around 3 Monday morning, a man and a child were found dead in a housing duplex on the military grounds.
The fire spread quickly enough to also burn a part of a neighboring home.
So far, officials still don’t know what caused it but they spent much of the day investigating the scene.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'