Teen arrested for multiple burglaries in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – A teen was arrested in Hampton and is now facing multiple charges for a string of burglaries.
Hampton police say the burglaries happened in the South Wythe section of the city. They say between September 17 and September 19, 2012, 15-year-old Williams Joseph Brown, III, entered three homes through rear windows; one home was located in the 700 block of Milford Avenue; and two homes were located in the 500 block of Homestead Avenue.
Police say in each instance, Brown stole electronics, televisions, and/or laptop computers before running away from the scene.
On November 19, 2012, Hampton police received information via a Crime Line tip that the suspect, William Joseph Brown, III, a 15-year-old Hampton teen, could be located in the 8200 block of Terrell Lane. Officers responded to that location and arrested Brown without incident.
Brown is charged with four counts of burglary, four counts of grand larceny, one count of unauthorized use of vehicle and
one count of a probation violation.
He remains in custody at Newport News Secure Detention.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for updates.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million