Update: Man shot in leg in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A man was shot in the leg during a burglary overnight in Virginia Beach, police tell NewsChannel 3.
It happened just before 2 a.m. Monday morning on Old Glory Road, near Lynnhaven Parkway. At 1:45 a.m., police responded to reports of a burglary in the 2900 block of Old Glory Road.
According to police, victims fell asleep and woke up to voices at the back door as the back door was kicked in. One of the victims walked into the dining room and saw the suspect standing inside the kitchen door. The suspect pointed a weapon at the victim and shot at him. The victim was struck in his leg, and the suspect ran away from the home.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police say the suspect is described as a black male, 20 to 30 years of age, and wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
The case remains under investigation.
If you have any information that may help police, call the Crime Line at 1-888-lock-u-up.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations