Man shot and killed in Virginia Beach over the weekend
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach police are investigating after a man was shot and killed over the weekend.
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at approximately 11:15 p.m., emergency response teams received a call reporting gunshots in the area of the 600 block of Winding Way.
Beach police and EMS crews responded and found a male victim in the 600 block of Lake Edward Drive. The man was found on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was then transported to a local hospital and was pronounced deceased at the hospital.
The victim has been identified as 36-year-old Rene Rivera of the 700 block of Barrison Way in Virginia Beach.
Police are asking anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text VBTIP with your information to CRIMES (274637). Callers and texters remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
This case remains under investigation.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study