Man shot and killed in Virginia Beach over the weekend
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach police are investigating after a man was shot and killed over the weekend.
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at approximately 11:15 p.m., emergency response teams received a call reporting gunshots in the area of the 600 block of Winding Way.
Beach police and EMS crews responded and found a male victim in the 600 block of Lake Edward Drive. The man was found on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was then transported to a local hospital and was pronounced deceased at the hospital.
The victim has been identified as 36-year-old Rene Rivera of the 700 block of Barrison Way in Virginia Beach.
Police are asking anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text VBTIP with your information to CRIMES (274637). Callers and texters remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
This case remains under investigation.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for updates.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea