Investigators: Man dies in Beach home after setting it on fire
NewsChannel 3 has learned new details about a deadly fire in Virginia Beach.
Fire investigators say the man who died in the fire is the same person who started it.
Firefighters found Bryan Herzog’s body in a hallway when they went inside.
Police say he was the ex-boyfriend of the woman who owned the home.
She was able to jump out of a window when the fire started at the home on Nanneys Creek Road in Pungo around 2:15 Sunday morning.
Investigators say Herzog intentionally set the fire by pouring flammable liquid throughout the home.
Herzog suffered smoke inhalation and burns but as of right now, an exact cause of death hasn’t been determined.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study